Under the direction of the System Director of Performance Improvement, this position is responsible for supporting Luminis Health’s System-wide Performance Improvement Integration and Project Management initiatives by ensuring strategies are implemented and principles/practices are incorporated in the processes under transformation. This position implements and supports actions, at a System level (LHAAMC, LHDCMC, LHSS, McNew, LHCE) and/or site-level, that bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to key strategic priorities identified by Executive Leadership and/or the Annual Operating Priorities, quality improvement, revenue cycle/profitability, recruitment, retention, and productivity, supply chain management, and downtime.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. To support the System Director of Performance Improvement, Steering Committee, and Executive Leadership Team in implementing a vision that affects positive changes in patient care and key strategic operational priorities; includes: Implementing tactical strategies to achieve the desired vision, executing long- and short-term objectives to support the value streams goals, working with system and site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles/waste, assist in the change of systems/processes, as required, in support of the Lean initiatives.
2. To act as a change agent to bring about improvements in patient care processes through the project management, active planning and execution of, and participation in Performance Improvement Events; includes: Facilitating or co-facilitating System and Site-specific Annual Strategic Priority setting and Deployment retreats as needed. Supporting and/or designing and executing event planning and performing necessary preparation, participating in, co-facilitating, or facilitating projects, events and “just do-its,” participating in Gemba walks and coaching employees, mentoring LH Lean Six Sigma Program Green Belts, providing necessary training specific to Lean Transformation tools and methodology, following up on action plans and assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
3. To support the launch of all activities needed to incorporate a culture of continuous improvement and “Systemness”; includes: Facilitating or co-facilitating Green Belt training program, identifying on-going training needs, supporting communication of the direction of Lean Transformation initiatives to all employees across the Health System.
4. To track all changes/improvements made to provide Executive Leadership/Management the assurance that changes are effective and lasting; includes: Examining and evaluating the areas after improvements are implemented, posting/updating results to the Mission Control Center boards, review new procedures/controls and appraising the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and working with the System Director of Performance Improvement, Executive Leadership, Directors, Department Managers and Supervisors to resolve any issues that might arise during implementation and/or maintenance phases.
5. Other duties as identified by the System Director of Performance Improvement to further the Lean Transformation initiatives and Integration efforts.
· Bachelor of Science Degree or related discipline required; Masters preferred.
Experience working in a world-class Lean working environment highly preferred.
Knowledge of basic PDSA, Lean concepts, continuous improvement-based tools and techniques and project management methodologies required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Project Management experience and/or knowledge of project management tools preferred.
Six Sigma Greenbelt required; Blackbelt and PMP preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty