Senior IS Systems Analyst with proven experience in systems support relating to Financial and General Ledger operations within PeopleSoft or similar ERP systems. Will be working closely with accountants and other financial staff. High level of accounting and financial knowledge is expected.
Position is flexible with 100% remote or partial onsite, if local.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Supports all financial and finance related functions within PeopleSoft; including but not limited to month end closing, AM, financial reporting, grants and project costing.
- Conducts testing for assigned modules, including test case/script preparation, execution and recording results. Coordinates with other module leads, end users, and IT staff. Conducts testing for implemented module, including test case/script preparation, execution and recording results.
- Resolves complex issues and implements projects at an advanced technical level. Works to ensure user satisfaction by providing installation, configuration, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving complex problems. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Analyzes and evaluates information systems operations and provides technical direction and recommendations.
- Acts as a system liaison between operational business owners and information systems
- Serves as team leader on projects as requested. Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for the team. Monitors project schedules and costs.
- Coordinates with key stakeholders to determine business and user requirements, process flow definitions, and functional specifications. Interprets and assesses user business needs.
- Translates functional requirements into technical designs that satisfy the functional requirements. Defines and documents clearly detailed technical specifications and tasks to address requirements for additions and modifications to PeopleSoft applications while adhering to shop standards and conventions.
- Tracks assignment progress against the established work plan and prepares status reports as defined by management.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures relating to application development. Ensures change control, standards and processes are adhered to.
- Develops and designs system requirements for business information systems. Identifies design constraints, relationships, and integration points. Provides guidance in design changes, modifications, and enhancements to program features. Participates in database design and implementation. Translates system requirements into preliminary functional design specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of functional system configuration experience in PeopleSoft Core Financials application development and support team experience.
- Systems analyst work in the areas of functional system configuration, developing requirements, and full life cycle implementation of PeopleSoft Financials or Supply Chain applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
- Years of experience with similar ERP supporting similar functional areas may also be substituted.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of SQL, SQR, Application Engine, People Code, Component Interfaces, Application Messaging, Application Packages, Integration Broker, Web Services, XML publisher and other People tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of Java Script, HTML, Fluid page development preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.