Contributes to the provision of high quality, cost effective health care as an integral member of the patient focused care team. Performs EKG procedures. Obtains and reports pertinent patient data facilitating accurate diagnostic outcomes. Communicates in a professional manner to all medical staff, hospital staff, patients and visitors.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs EKGs according to department standards.
- Assists with training and orientation of new staff; participates in team performance review.
- Registers patients accurately into the Master Patient Index. Communicates with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and visitors in a professional manner, provides excellent customer service as reflected in AAMC's policies and practices.
- Answers the phone following department guidelines, responds to inquiries, and refers all calls as appropriate.
- Adheres to the standardization, accuracy and compliance policies of the department and organization.
- Uses expertise in current modalities used to perform cardiac and other non-invasive testing. Uses knowledge of basic cardiac rhythm.
- Explains procedures to patients, providing instructions and direct care to ensure accuracy and patient comfort.
- Maintains flow of information intra and interdepartmentally, and adheres to departmental processes of paperwork as directed. Independently prioritizes work flow to meet deadlines and maximize productivity.
- Recognizes artifact and eliminates probable source; troubleshoots minor equipment problems.
- Maintains equipment in a safe and sanitary condition. Operates equipment in accordance with all department safety guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills must be demonstrated.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification or must obtain within 90-days from date of hire.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.