Supervises assigned personnel and assists in providing personal and asset protection to ensure the safety and security for patients, visitors and DCMC employees throughout the Medical Center facility.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participates in the employee hiring process to include position review, posting, interviewing and selection. Orients all new employees and contractors to the Security Officer position to include standard departmental procedures and practices.
- Prepares work schedule for the Safety and Security officers and assigns responsibilities in accordance with workload requirements.
- Supervises Safety and Security officers; responsible for performance evaluation, coaching, disciplinary action and retention in accordance with personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages training programs for Security officers with emphasis on public, guest relations and handling the violent, combative patients. Maintains fire extinguisher training, inspection and problem reporting and the scheduling of fire drills.
- Maintains the scheduling of A.E.D. inspections. Maintains the Helipad landings and Helipad inspections.
- Maintains office budget, accounting and expenditure procedures, including petty cash fund and ETF.
- Maintains AAMC key control system, patient valuables repository, and the Medical Center Lost and Found department. Maintains the service of Security equipment to include all Security vehicles and radio.
- Maintains the contractor and after hour elevator badges.
- Reviews Safety and Security policies and procedures annually to ensure they are current and in compliance with related AAMC and departmental policies and procedures.
- Responds to safety and security emergency situations as required, according to department procedures. Applies knowledge of growth and development across the life span to the care of patients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class D Maryland driver's license required with no more than two points on current driving record.
- Supervisor must be willing to travel to different facilities of the Health System.
- Four years of hospital-related security experience. Two years of experience at a supervisory level.
- Note: Professional security-related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required education.
- IAHSSD certification preferred.
- Must obtain Advanced IAHSS Security Officer Certification within 6 months of hire.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.