The Site Coordinator is the on-site administrative leader of the practice. The Site Coordinator reports directly to the Practice Manager. The Site Coordinator must work closely and cooperatively with the physicians and other healthcare provider staff. The Site Coordinator must have a thorough knowledge of all HCE support staff, including the billing office personnel, and develop an effective working relationship with these entities. The Site Coordinator must have superior knowledge of the practice management system, the work processes, and practice policies and procedures. The Site Coordinator must be able to set work priorities and assignments during the work day and direct staff accordingly. Healthy and effective staff communication skills are essential for a Site Coordinator. A Site Coordinator must be able to accurately observe staff performance and communicate those performance successes or problems to the Practice Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Demonstrates Proficient Use of Practice Management Software.
- Registering and scheduling patients; printing documents to include the provider's daily schedule; accessing and making changes to the patient's quickview screen; properly utilizing the patient privacy link, workflow dashboard, and card scanner.
- Ability to edit a claim and send/receive claim notes in the billing system.
- Handles petty cash and associated documentation, collects copays and patient balances; can accurately complete charge entry at patient check-out; correctly performs end of day balancing and reconciliation of time of service (TOS) batches.
- Demonstrates competence with the Collection Process. Responds to patient billing and insurance inquiries and facilitates resolution of financial issues promptly.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge in interpreting and understanding billing slips and the athena workflow dashboard. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD-9 coding, fee for service and third party reimbursements.
- Demonstrates Competence with Insurance Issues. Understands how to determine patient eligibility using programs such as Medicaid EVS; can consistently identify when a patient is in need of a referral and/or preauthorization; knows how to search for or add insurances in the practice management system; demonstrates the ability to properly edit a claim.
- Answers and screens office calls, greets patients in a professional and timely manner; projects proper telephone etiquette; understands when it is acceptable to release patient's protected health information.
- Ensures that employees adhere to all policies and procedures, and that infractions are reported to the Practice Manager. Provides information to the Practice Manager regarding the competency of staff personnel and any additional training if warranted. Participates in, and when tasked, can lead monthly staff meetings.
- Performs all Office Assistant duties, and other projects as assigned.
- Post high school classes at college level strongly preferred.
- 3-4 years’ supervisory experience preferred.
- Efficient computer skills required.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
Preferred – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.