Provides level 1 technical support for end users in a Windows 10 and 7 environments, responding to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides phone support to end users with an enthusiastic attitude to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues to customer's satisfaction.
- Enters and tracks all reported issues into Help Desk application, keeps tickets updated and customers informed regarding ticket status and current activity according to SOPs and SLAs.
- Ensures creation of Access request tickets and escalation to appropriate group(s).
- Monitors various systems for alarms and takes appropriate action when notified.
- Provides written documentation and feedback to support internal knowledge base.
- Assists users in identifying hardware/software needs and advises of current options.
- Works with level 2/3 staff and outside vendors to ensure completion of software/ hardware and system issues.
- Revises and maintains documentation of operating procedures as instructed by Manager, Help Desk.
- Advises users on proper PC, internet and network procedures.
- Displays strong troubleshooting skills while maintaining a high level of customer service when dealing with end users.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a help desk environment involving phone and email support, working with the above-mentioned hardware/software components.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills, be able to triage a customer's issue, getting to the root of the problem, document issue in Remedy Help Desk application, resolve or escalate to level 2/3 support, and follow up with customer to insure ticket closure and positive customer service experience.
- Ability to technically support the following: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Windows 10, 7, PC hardware, printers, internet access, remote access and third-party applications, including Epic.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and oral, an upbeat/friendly attitude and personality, and exceptional customer service skills as most end user issues will be resolved over the phone.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks as well as to work individually or as a member of a team.
CompTIA A+ preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of microcomputer equipment, software, and networks.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will or will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium Duty – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.